Four-Week Beginners Course
Considered a ‘Beginners Blueprint’, this course provides a new framework that will help you understand how to learn and acquire the skills associated with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Constantly updated and addressed, this four-week beginners course has provided a rudimentary introduction to 200+ individuals currently training at the Tōukon Academy in Bedford or indeed enrolled onto one of our partnership programmes across Bedfordshire.
Specifically designed to kick-start your Jiu jItsu journey, you will be coached through a series of fundamental principles, concepts and techniques that underpin the world’s #1 martial art and subsequently direct and shape your development in the art.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Handling stand up aggression.
- The importance of a strong base.
- Safe and effective falling techniques.
- Valid & functional self-defence techniques.
- An understanding of all major positions and their functions.
- Defending from your back against a standing opponent.
- Applicable drills to escape the grounded position.